BAC450 - PBA: Professional in Business Analysis (PMI-PBA) Exam Prep (35 Hrs)
Today more than ever the world is moving towards project-based work. The jobs of business analysts and solution builders are intermingled with project environments and management of projects. PMI has recognized the need to educate and certify the role of the business analyst as viewed through the lens of the project. With the introduction of the PBA credential, PMI is formalizing the importance of BA work in the project management world. They have highlighted specific knowledge areas, skills, and published materials which describe the value of business analysis to projects and built the new PMI-PBA certification around them.
This PMI-PBA training course walks you through how PMI has constructed the certification, what material is covered on the exam, and why it matters to your job.
PMI, PMI-ACP, PMP and PgMP are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
The PMI-PBA Boot Camp is in alignment with The PMI Guide Business Analysis, the Business Analysis for Practitioners: A Practice Guide by PMI, and the Requirements Management: A Practice Guide by PMI.
- Introduction and Foundation of the Certification
- Business Analysis Environment
- Role of the Business Analyst
- Needs Assessment
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Traceability and Monitoring
- Solution Evaluation
- Business Analyst Competencies
- What to Expect on the Exam
At the end of the course, the learner will be able to:
- Increase your odds of passing the PMI Professional in Business Analysis (PMI-PBA)® the first time
- Advance your career opportunities and career path options in the business analysis profession
- Shorten study time by streamlining the recommended exam resources
- Run through simulated practice exams for the Business Analysis: Process Groups, Knowledge Areas, Processes, and Competencies
- Learn the essential areas necessary to pass the exam
- Master the 6 Business Analysis Process Groups and 6 Business Analysis Knowledge Areas that constitute the exam
- Conquer the 35 Business Analysis Processes
- Grasp the tasks for eliciting, analyzing, documenting, validating, and verifying requirements
- Become proficient with business analysis terminology
- Create a personalized test-taking strategy based on your strengths and opportunities
NotesLearn about more business analysis and project management topics here
PrerequisitesThere are no prerequisites for this course. There are prerequisites for taking the PBA examination (the requirements are discussed in the course): 35 hours of business analysis training (this course fulfills this requirement) - 4500 hours (7500 hours if no bachelor’s degree) of business analysis experience.
Anyone involved in business analysis and/or project work will see substantial career enhancement by earning the PMI-PBA®. A few of the most relevant professionals include:
- Business Customers, Users or Partners
- Business Analysts
- Business Systems Analysts
- Project Managers or Team Leaders
- Systems Architects or Designers
- IT Managers/Directors
- Systems or Application Developers
- QA Professionals
- Systems Testers
- Systems Analysts
- Anyone wanting to enhance their business analysis skills
- Project Management Institute (PMI) 35.0 PDU